Please consider spending an hour with Jesus.
Here at the Church of St. Agnes we are striving for a continuous presence of at least two people in our adoration chapel, watching with Christ. This depends upon the participation of many of us, using the honor system, who commit to spending one hour, at the same time each week, in the real presence of Jesus exposed in the Monstrance.
“ The day will come when He will … show Himself to us. And then, according as we have watched with Him, He will reward us. If we have forgotten Him, He will not know us; but as Jesus said “blessed are those servants whom the Lord, when He comes, shall find watching … blessed are those servants”.
John Henry Cardinal Newman
Currently there are over 50 good people, just like you, who are committed to giving Our Lord at least one quiet hour each week.
We invite you to treat yourself and Jesus to one quiet hour together each week. Our priorities are;
- Filling those hours when there is no one “watching”
- Filling those hours where there is only one other person of family now participating
- Having you commit to spending any hour you choose with Jesus
Why should you spend an hour in the chapel each week with Jesus?
- If you could spend one hour each week with the political, sports or entertainment figure you most admire would you make the time to do it? You bet! – Wouldn’t it be more beneficial to spend one hour each week face to face with the Real Presence of Jesus Christ.
- This is your time to thank Him for dying for you, the blessings He has given you, and yes, to ask Him for His continued guidance and help. He listens.
- Especially for those of you with young children—how many times have you sought an hour of peace and quiet, alone, or perhaps with your children in the presence of God?
Contact Brian Buechler at email@example.com for more information.
“Christ held Himself in His hands when He gave His Body to His disciples saying: ‘This is My Body.’ No one partakes of this Flesh before he has adored it.”