Change in Our Covid Procedures
In consulting with the infectious disease doctors at KU Medical Center, we will begin making the following changes to our procedures in response to COVID-19. These changes will begin with the daily Mass times, effective June 7th and the weekend Masses beginning June 12th.
- If not fully vaccinated, wearing a mask is required.
- If fully vaccinated, wearing a mask is of your choosing.
- We will continue to make masks available if you need one.
- We will continue to offer the three Mass times on the weekend that are currently scheduled, until we know we can schedule all volunteer roles for additional Mass times.
- For the time being, the seating in the Church will remain the same, half the Church every pew, half every other pew.
- The missals with hymns and readings will be placed back in the pews.
- The daily missals will be placed on the tables in the back vestibule as they used to be. Please return them to the tables following Mass.
- Congregational singing will begin, but we ask you to sing softly.
- Holy water will be made available again.
- We will ask our ushers to be masked when interacting with parishioners such as when greeting or seating them, and at Collection time, which we will begin doing as well.
- Ushers will seek volunteers at each Mass to bring up the Offertory gifts.
- Indoor confessions in the Church will begin at 3:00 pm on Saturday, June 12th.
- A Sign of Peace can be exchanged amongst you, but we suggest still a simple nod of your head to acknowledge one another, no handshaking.
- Holy Communion distribution will remain the same, exit your pews using side aisles and return to your pews using the center aisle.
- Extraordinary Ministers will be masked while distributing Holy Communion.
- Holy Communion will continue to be given on the palm of your hands.
- Since we do have limited seating in the Church, once full we will still ask any overflow to come to another Mass or to listen to Mass from their car on 90.5 fm.
- Holy Communion will continue to be brought to your car if outside.
- Holy Communion outside the Parish Center at 9:00 am on Sunday will continue.
- We will continue to live stream the 4:30 pm Mass, and make it available to you on You Tube and our website to view at a later time.
- If for some reason there is a spike in COVID cases in the area we may return to some of the safety protocols we have recently had in place.
Thank you for your patience,